PDA

View Full Version : Race fuel pickings

L8 APEX
09-12-2005, 07:22 PM
I have about 25 gallons in stock speak up for who wants what and if it worth getting another drum to take or buy it at the track... The stuff I have is 6.50 a gallon Sunoco GT plus 104 unleaded. I am looking at picking up a more serious fuel from VP fuels but it will cost nearly 9-10 bucks a gallon I am guessing. But they claim their fuel is the real deal no adder, cutters, mixed metals etc...

tliss
09-12-2005, 08:22 PM
I have about 25 gallons in stock speak up for who wants what and if it worth getting another drum to take or buy it at the track... The stuff I have is 6.50 a gallon Sunoco GT plus 104 unleaded. I am looking at picking up a more serious fuel from VP fuels but it will cost nearly 9-10 bucks a gallon I am guessing. But they claim their fuel is the real deal no adder, cutters, mixed metals etc...

Hook a brother up with 10 gallons. Guarantee me the $6.50 a gallon stuff...that's a good price considering the numbers I'm getting from some of the race shops around here.

T

Mark #2
09-12-2005, 08:36 PM
I'm good for 5 to 10 too, how old is it?

keynan
09-12-2005, 10:39 PM
i'll take whatever is left.

L8 APEX
09-12-2005, 10:59 PM
June batch kept sealed. Anyone going to buy the VP Gold stuff or is there no reason to carry it?

L8 APEX
09-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Holy inflation Batman!!:eek: I called on the Sunoco GT 104 today to get a current price...

It is up 35% it is now costing me more than I sell it for. The new stuff would have to be $7 a gallon to break even:hammer: . I also looked in the drum and after a few dune trips I only have 15 or so gallons left. First come first served is probably to fairest way to handle that. Let me know if you guys speak up for another drum at 7 a gal I will try and get one for L Fest:hammer: . The vendor said ti will go back down as gas prices receed.

tliss
09-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Hook a brother up! If there is excessive demand, I'll take 5 gallons to free up some for others, but I got first dibs, dammit!

Tom

03LightningRocks
09-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Tom....your going to need alot more than five gallons. Two days of racing...minimum will take at least 10-15 gallons. And that is IF you are not driving your truck to and from the track each day.

Race fuel has officially gone through the roof. Just suck it up guys and buy the stuff from Terry at what he has to sell it for to make a profit. It isn't right to jack around with Terry over 50 cents or a buck a gallon. He must make a profit to justify staying in business. He brings the stuff to you at the track. He is always there to help a brother out. Sh!t....maybe even consider throwing an extra five bucks his way on top of what you buy the fuel for. Knock off the bullsh!t before you run his ass back into the HVAC business. I swear to gawd...I am going to blow a focking gasket if I have to watch one more mutha focker cheese dick him over prices.

These are 100% my opinions and are not inspired in any way shape or form by Terry. They are inspired by my knowledge of what it costs to run a service business and provide the level of service we get around here from Terry. He is the stuff guys...we are lucky to have him around. Please don't screw it up.

Rocks:flaming:

True Blue Aggie
09-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Well I know he got paid today! Damn wallet is light as a feather after getting the differential changed out. Appreciate the work though, and really appreciate the fact that it was completed before FFW.

Thanks Terry! :tu:

03LightningRocks
09-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Well I know he got paid today! Damn wallet is light as a feather after getting the differential changed out. Appreciate the work though, and really appreciate the fact that it was completed before FFW.

Thanks Terry! :tu:

That is my point exactly.............that's what tips are all about. He has yet to charge me an amount that I felt was too high. On the contrary...his work is always worth a hell of alot more than he charges.

Getting a good deal on stuff is great...but not if it causes me to have to look for someone else to work on my Lightning.

Rocks:bows

dboat
09-16-2005, 03:19 AM
Tom....your going to need alot more than five gallons. Two days of racing...minimum will take at least 10-15 gallons. And that is IF you are not driving your truck to and from the track each day.

Race fuel has officially gone through the roof. Just suck it up guys and buy the stuff from Terry at what he has to sell it for to make a profit. It isn't right to jack around with Terry over 50 cents or a buck a gallon. He must make a profit to justify staying in business. He brings the stuff to you at the track. He is always there to help a brother out. Sh!t....maybe even consider throwing an extra five bucks his way on top of what you buy the fuel for. Knock off the bullsh!t before you run his ass back into the HVAC business. I swear to gawd...I am going to blow a focking gasket if I have to watch one more mutha focker cheese dick him over prices.

These are 100% my opinions and are not inspired in any way shape or form by Terry. They are inspired by my knowledge of what it costs to run a service business and provide the level of service we get around here from Terry. He is the stuff guys...we are lucky to have him around. Please don't screw it up.

Rocks:flaming:

I couldnt agree more...
Dana

tliss
09-16-2005, 07:32 AM
Did I cheese dick him over prices??? He said $6.50 a gallon for the stuff he has, I got first in line to take him up on it. Am I trying to talk him down or giving him crap for the price?? Put it this way, have I ever given Terry sh!t about his prices?? Answer to that is no. I have always found Terry's prices to be more than fair, and he always does a great job! Don't give me sh!t for taking Terry up on offering price that he put out there...:flaming:

Tom

tliss
09-16-2005, 08:14 AM
Tom....your going to need alot more than five gallons. Two days of racing...minimum will take at least 10-15 gallons. And that is IF you are not driving your truck to and from the track each day. <<snip>>

Five gallons mixed with about 5 or so gallons of premium netted me enough for racing last year, though I started running a little low towards the later rounds of racing. I am freeing up some of what is left in case someone else wants some. Can't you just love me for my generosity and caring for others? :crying: I'm still taking 10 gallons if the demand is not too high, but thought I;d lower my need if there was high enough demand...

Tom

dboat
09-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Did I cheese dick him over prices??? He said $6.50 a gallon for the stuff he has, I got first in line to take him up on it. Am I trying to talk him down or giving him crap for the price?? Put it this way, have I ever given Terry sh!t about his prices?? Answer to that is no. I have always found Terry's prices to be more than fair, and he always does a great job! Don't give me sh!t for taking Terry up on offering price that he put out there...:flaming:

Tom

I didnt think that Rocks or I were giving you a hard time.. I read his post as you need more than 5 gallons.. then a new paragraph as a general post to all..
Dana

03LightningRocks
09-16-2005, 11:11 PM
I didnt think that Rocks or I were giving you a hard time.. I read his post as you need more than 5 gallons.. then a new paragraph as a general post to all..
Dana

Exactly Correct.............Dana gets an A+ for comprehension skills......:D . Tom gets a D-.

dboat
09-17-2005, 12:02 AM
Exactly Correct.............Dana gets an A+ for comprehension skills......:D . :nana2 :nana2 Tom gets a D-. :evil

:tu: