PDA

View Full Version : Reichard Racing

hoponspot
09-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Terry,
Have you seen the intake spacer that Reichard Racing offers?
They are claiming 30 rwhp increase w/ this spacer.
It goes between the blower and the lower plenum and is supposed to give the incoming air a better flow pattern to the intercooler.
They say it's not available for the Lightnings just yet but will be w/in the next few months.
Can a spacer decrease inlet temperatures that much?
Is 30 hp realistic?

Thanks,
Scott

dboat
09-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Terry,
It goes between the blower and the lower plenum and is supposed to give the incoming air a better flow pattern to the intercooler.
They say it's not available for the Lightnings just yet but will be w/in the next few months.
Is 30 hp realistic?

Thanks,
Scott

I am interested in Terry's response, but my bet would be a solid NO.

wesman
09-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Definitely not gonna see 30hp from this mod. I've seen many a spacers on different cars and none have been near 30hp consistently (ie. more than 1 or 2 cars and in unbiased tests)

--wes

03LightningRocks
09-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Terry,
Is 30 hp realistic?

Thanks,
Scott

It is nothing new. It just took Reichard a little while to steal it. A great big NO FOCKING WAY IN HELL is the answer. I have had one...I am not even sure it would make a measurable difference at all. The biggest benefit I saw from it was it seperated the plenum from the intake so my plenum stayed cooler and cooled off faster than before I had it. I suppose it helped some..but it is not something your going to feel.

I have to add something here about all of these bolt on mods. They are not accumulative. None of them, with the exception of pully/tuning, will give you a noticable difference by themselves. I have watched alot of folks get disapointed in alot of bolt on mods, waiting for each mod to send you rocketing through space. It simply doesn't work that way...but you sure as heck will never outrun me unless you have each and every one of them....:D .

L8 APEX
09-14-2005, 07:57 PM
He is talking about a blower to intake riser Rocks not the plenum spacer. Not worth the problems it causes with the EGR and inlet connections. It is like adding up HP numbers on the sides of parts boxes at AutoZone and expecting a cumulative increase. ie: Flowmaster claims 25 hp, K&N claims 30hp, Superchips claims 20hp. If you put all of these items on a Chevy 350 in a pickup you are not gaining 75hp.

03LightningRocks
09-14-2005, 08:08 PM
He is talking about a blower to intake riser Rocks not the plenum spacer. Not worth the problems it causes with the EGR and inlet connections. It is like adding up HP numbers on the sides of parts boxes at AutoZone and expecting a cumulative increase. ie: Flowmaster claims 25 hp, K&N claims 30hp, Superchips claims 20hp. If you put all of these items on a Chevy 350 in a pickup you are not gaining 75hp.

Oh.....:D ...as Gilda used to say...Never Mind :rll: . I have to wonder about fit also.

But my comments about :Bullshit H.P. numbers remains the same.

BC Lightning
09-14-2005, 11:25 PM
Remember the member who put all those mods on full exhaust pulley, magnums blower, etc., went to Speedworks and saw 1 hp. increase http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/442ouch.gif

FRDRCING
09-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Remember the member who put all those mods on full exhaust pulley, magnums blower, etc., went to Speedworks and saw 1 hp. increase http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/442ouch.gif

I remember that day, I bet he felt bad after all that and just 1HP gain

03LightningRocks
09-14-2005, 11:46 PM
If you think that is bad...I remember Scott doing a bunch of mods and then reporting he lost H.P. :rll: :rll: :rll:

Sometimes I miss that guys posts....:D . They where always good for a laugh or two.

BC Lightning
09-14-2005, 11:48 PM
If you think that is bad...I remember Scott doing a bunch of mods and then reporting he lost H.P. :rll: :rll: :rll:

Sometimes I miss that guys posts....:D . They where always good for a laugh or two.

same guy, same time we were talking about :hammer:

03LightningRocks
09-15-2005, 12:03 AM
same guy, same time we were talking about :hammer:

Are you dissing me????:nono: Don't make me get Pulp Fiction on you.:cool:

BC Lightning
09-15-2005, 12:05 AM
:evil