PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust System?

svt-mex
09-15-2005, 04:27 PM
I have a gibson muffler on my L i think it sound ok but i was just wonder if there is something that sounds way better, like bassani, magnaflow, or flowmaster?

if so can you tell the differance

here is a sound clip of my gibson

LS1 Eater
09-15-2005, 05:24 PM
I have a gibson muffler on my L i think it sound ok but i was just wonder if there is something that sounds way better, like bassani, magnaflow, or flowmaster?

if so can you tell the differance

here is a sound clip of my gibson

I think the magnaflow has one of the best sounds.

Sixpipes
09-15-2005, 05:44 PM
Most of the guys are running Magnaflows (me included), but that Gibson sounds pretty good - as far as I can tell from the clip. :cool:

bluesvt
09-15-2005, 06:06 PM
if you are wanting it to be loud just eliminate the mufflers and run a x-pipe. i have a vid but i do not have the software to post it from my camera. i have been running it for about 7 months now and i love the sound. :beer:

svt-mex
09-15-2005, 09:52 PM
what about bassani, does anyone have one?
does it sound good? since its kind of pricy, i would imagine so...

Thanks

FRDRCING
09-15-2005, 09:59 PM
I would say get ahold of terry and set something up for a wild setup. It sounds Good

StormShadow
09-15-2005, 10:06 PM
what about bassani, does anyone have one?
does it sound good? since its kind of pricy, i would imagine so...

Thanks

This is my favorite sound. I have the :bows Bassani Catback with X pipe, high flow cats, and Kooks Long Tube's. It's by far my favorite sound. The only thing is that the Bassani catback hangs down a little lower so if you have the 58" traction bars you may have some clearance issues. FYI

Come to a meeting sometime and you can hear some of each.

my2002lightning
09-15-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm partial to Terry's Wild setup, but that's just me. :evil

http://www.performanceresearchonline.com/street/svt/exhaust.htm

dboat
09-16-2005, 03:16 AM
I have Terry's mild setup with the stainless steel tips. Its perfect for me. no drone, not too loud, not too quiet. perfect.
Dana

BLACKSUNSHINE
09-16-2005, 03:11 PM
I think my Bassani w/ long tubes sounded great. Loud, low and throaty. I just removed the cats though and its way too loud now, but I really noticed the performance gain....sounds almost straight.