PDA

View Full Version : tuning at L fest

tiffo60
09-21-2005, 08:33 AM
do yall think there will be anyone that can do tuning at L fest? All i have now is the stock predator pulley tune and I am in need of a custom tune

tliss
09-21-2005, 08:39 AM
I'm not exactly sure which tuners will be there. You can always hook up with Terry for a tune...he'll be there.

Johnny Lightning will be there as well, but I don't think I would let him tune my truck personally.

Last year we had Danny Swanson pretty much all to ourselves and he tuned the hell out of a bunch of us, but he is not going to make it this year....:cool:

Tom

tiffo60
09-21-2005, 08:47 AM
will terry mess with a predator, the last time I talked to him it seemed like all he messed with was sct's

tliss
09-21-2005, 08:53 AM
That I don't know. Wait until Terry repsonds or ask him.

Tom

L8 APEX
09-21-2005, 09:41 AM
I am not a Diablo dealer one good product line is all I can afford to support. I have about 5 grand in SCT software and dealer buy-in. Plus the upcoming update classes are 3 grand. The more local members that support SCT the more training and support we get from SCT:tu:

Lyfisin
09-21-2005, 09:43 AM
Terry, what are the benefits, if any, of getting a new or different chip? My chip is just a single tune (I believe). I'm assuming I'm ok unless I add mods.

Brook
(no e no s)

L8 APEX
09-21-2005, 10:00 AM
SCT lets the user adjust parameters to suit his driving style better like shift firmness, some timing, A/F etc.. Also the old chips are single bank meaning they have to trick or modify sensor values to achieve their goals. All the new stuff is 4 bank meaning it can edit all 4 banks of memory in the PCM for total control. The SCT also checks engine codes and holds three tunes for safer cold weather driving.