PDA

View Full Version : Interesting SVTOA email link

Silver_2000
09-27-2002, 06:26 PM
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19949

Duh....

"You think we would have a more active forum if we didnt force everyone to pay to use it ???"

LOL

Doug

tliss
09-27-2002, 09:30 PM
I got an e-mail today asking me to provide feedback as to what I think would make their forum more inviting. Like it or not the reason I don't use it is because it is not specialized enough. Having a forum like this one with local Lightning owners I what I want. Can the SVTOA give me that for my $40?

Tom

OneRedTXBolt
09-27-2002, 09:56 PM
The SVTOA is a great idea with terrible execution.

Maybe they should've benchmarked with some other OA's sponsored by the maker? the Harley Owners Group comes to mind.

Just MHO.

Silver_2000
09-27-2002, 10:04 PM
Forums are valued based on the content. Content comes from traffic. In out case we dont have a great dela of traffic but it is localized and that makes it valuable... This is not rocket science

Thier forum has been around a lot longer and doesnt have that many more threads than ours...

85 Forums and 17,000 posts in 3,000 threads. Only 1000 in the lightning forum... Not very big numbers for a national forum with paid members and Fords Backing. Every owner gets a year free and they cant sell it ... Thats not good...

In 6 months and 6 days ours has
Members: 180, Threads: 900, Posts: 6,768 - Just with the DFW guys.... 1/3 the traffic/content compared to a national corporate supported forum.

Maybe they should hire someone with some Forums experience. Maybe someone that is looking for a job before he gets laid off ? Maybe has decent experience getting decent amount of traffic to various sites with no budget ... Hmmm, too bad there is no one like that available ....
:p
Doug