PDA

View Full Version : IC Nightmare

Stinkbug
09-28-2002, 09:00 AM
Ok, My nightmare has started. I took the L to Payton Wright after some very discouraging phone conversations with the service rep. I first called the 800# to set-up the recall they tell me ok if PWright does not contact you in 5 days call them. 7 days I call they have no record. The service guy has no idea what the intercooler recall is, even with the recall # I gave him. He calls me back and says, "Bring the truck in and we will take it apart and see what parts are needed". I said you don’t seem to understand this is a kit for the 99-00 L's. At this point he tells me he has no idea what I am talking about. I call Matt at SVT and gave him the story, he says he will take care of it. I get a call the same afternoon the parts are there and they will have a car for me to drive. Drop the L off thru at 5:30pm expecting to pick it up today, WRONG!!!!!!!!! I call at 3:30 and service tells me that this is a detailed job and takes time. Then he tells me that the tech is just now getting ready to take the front end off the truck. WHAT!!!Thats what I said. I said that the intercooler change has nothing to do with the lower heat exchanger, his reply was that he was sorry he was just telling me what the tech had told him. Anyway my question is does anyone have the correct part# for the new IC I am going up there in the morning to say the least.

:flaming:

And yes I realize after the initial phone conversations I should have gone somewhere else.
:hammer: