PDA

View Full Version : Robbed blind by country folk

L8 APEX
10-01-2005, 08:38 PM
As many know I am trying to fence and prepare a few acres of land in Ellis county to live on one day. There is a lot to be done as this is raw land. This weekend I had thrown down a lot of money and arranged helping hands to get a LOT done this weekend. Mainly I wanted to get the culverts and road installed so I can get to te land. I also wanted to throw up a t post barbless wire fence to keep people out. So Thursday I loaded up my trailer with necessary equipment and supplies. On the second night, last night it got broken into and just plain emptied. It was backed against some trees so you couldn't open the back ramp door. So they popped the side latch off with a screwdriver. I am 95% sure the neighbor's gang did it because they are the only ones around and saw everything. I had the trailer hid from the road so you had to know it was there. They are also the only neighbors for 100 acres and were drinking beer in their lean-to watching us all night. The neighbor is pissed that cityfolk are moving in and the surveyor marked the property line 2ft further north than he thought it was so he was pissed about have into move some stuff over. Anyway, whoever did it took their sweet time likely all night. There had to be enough of them to pick up a riding mower and carry it out the side door. They got about 5 grand in equpment and tools. They stole my winch by busting it out of the floor. They took my 2 new spare tires, my tackle box of straps and tie downs, my load leveling bars to my hitch. Two bags of tools, my folding chairs, my pop up shade tent. A Stihl chain saw and weed eater. The list goes on but you get the idea. The onlything left in the trailer was the 24 foot culvert, concrete, t posts, and wire.....:flaming: As if the cost of land stuff was not enough this has to set me back months:( . I was trying to be efficient and nice by leaving my traielr there through the weekend. Since I did not have my culvert in yet I had to use the crook neighbors drive and didn't want to be pulling in and out all the time..
I guess I am hearby initiated into the country.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6088/medium/CIMG4670.JPG
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6088/medium/CIMG4673.JPG
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6088/medium/CIMG4671.JPG

02BOLT
10-01-2005, 09:17 PM
MOTHER F&%$#@% THIEVING BASTARDS!!!:flaming:

David N
10-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Terry,

that sucks big time..... did you call the law?? that stuff can't be far ...lets go pay the SOBS a visit....:throw:

Wht95Lightning
10-01-2005, 10:01 PM
That sucks! :flaming:

gbgary
10-01-2005, 10:16 PM
damn it. sorry M-F'ers. hey TALON members...i say let's help terry out with some TALON-AID. how 'bout it? i'm good for $25 (plus that a/f gauge install we talked about).

just paypaled terry some bucks at tcole@performanceresearchonline.com

terry you need to register now!!

parts truck
10-01-2005, 10:27 PM
makes me sick! Arrrrrr :flaming:

03LightningRocks
10-01-2005, 10:49 PM
My focking stomach is turning. I don't even know what to say. Call the fricking law....the stuff is probably sitting in the asshats barn next door.

:flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

my2002lightning
10-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Damn, that sucks! :mad: What does the law and your insurance people say?

Thieves, urban or rural, deserve Biblical punishment.:hammer:

David N
10-01-2005, 11:17 PM
talked to Terry ...he's taking it alot better than i would...any way I'll paypal few $$ to help put ....

03LightningRocks
10-01-2005, 11:28 PM
I have a chain saw that I bought about three years ago. I bought it to cut some fire wood at the deer lease. Turned out to be work, so it got used maybe two hours total.

It's yours...the darned thing just sits in the garage and collects dust.

Rocks:beer:

Tex Arcana
10-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Welcome to "Deliverance", Terry... :(

Call the law, dammit.. the sooner the better. And if they don't do the right thing, I'm sure we can arrange an "attitude adjustment" for your so-called "neighbors". :hammer:

Truth is, "common sense", ain't. And this romanticized "country people" stereotype couldn't be further from the truth, and this proved that to a T.

Good luck, Terry.. remember we have access to NAATs: "Neighbor Attitude Adjustment Tools", and we are willing to use them!! :d

98Cobra
10-01-2005, 11:51 PM
I uh, sixth, calling the law. That is BS. You need to mete out some Rutger Hauer style justice on them!

Tex Arcana
10-02-2005, 12:04 AM
I uh, sixth, calling the law. That is BS. You need to mete out some Mad Max-style justice on them!
Fixed. ;)

LS1 Eater
10-02-2005, 12:44 AM
If you need any help or tools let me know. I have most every thing for fence work and if not I can go down to the country and get it. Sorry for the bad luck. I all so have 5000 rounds of 223 we can blast off out there way.If that does not do it I can bring the 50 cal out.:D

L8 APEX
10-02-2005, 01:41 AM
Thanks to the TALON chicks for forcing Corwn down my throat. Thanks to Linda and Curtis for the hospitality and food. I am glad I came out of my shell and came over.
I pay out the arse for insurance like everyone else. I have full coverage on the house, truck, and trailer. I doubt any of them will cover the contents of the trailer though. I think the rep said the trailer policy only covers damage to the trailer.
I am pretty sure it was the neighbor and his drinking buddies getting even with the city slicker and so was the local sherriff. I filed a report before I moved the trailer at 10 am this morning. I will get them a full list of stolen items and serial numbers where applicable. It is a good thing I am a picture freak as I have pics of about everything.
Rocks and folks donating tools and dough I can't thank you enough. I wrote a 9K dollar check for closing costs on Tuesday after L Fest and another 2K to tractor supply for fencing materials. Another 1100 bucks on culvert pipe and there is still no water or electricity. A water meter is 3580 and electrical will be 780. This setback is close to devestating but I cannot let the local scum win! I will do my best to work through this and beat them out.
One problem is the STIHL chain saw and weed eater along with another 600 bucks worth of stuff was my buddy's he was letting me borrow. So I need to replace his stuff with exact matches or better. That is just a respect thing to me, that if you borrow something you guarantee its safe return or replacement. Even though he has told me not to worry about replacing the majority of his tools. What good is my word as a borrower if I do not replace it with a new or equivalent tool. He owns STIHL saws and eaters because they are the best. So I must step up and make right, anything less would mean I am not a man of my word and that just won't happen.
Hey, credit cards are for emergencies right...

L8 APEX
10-02-2005, 01:45 AM
I just happened to take a pic the night before we left. See the mower by the wall. There had to be 3 guys to pick it up sideways and unload it out the side door. What a shame, how do you live next to neighboors like this...
Here are the before pics:(
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6088/medium/CIMG4666.JPG
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6088/medium/CIMG4650.JPG
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6088/medium/CIMG4651.JPG

03LightningRocks
10-02-2005, 08:17 AM
Do you think the local Sheriff is covering for the theives?

99WhiteBeast
10-02-2005, 08:31 AM
That just sucks. Maybe we need a Talon work day at the ranch just as a show of force and how many friends you have.

I think the city slickers would out number the country phucks

StormShadow
10-02-2005, 09:17 AM
This really pisses me off! :flaming:

dboat
10-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Terry,
I am so sorry to hear about this.. I dropped you a check to help out. You have always been there for us.
Dana

LivinEZ
10-02-2005, 01:30 PM
Sorry to hear bout your lose. That just sucks. I know what your feeling; I had all my power tools along with a set of 18s stolen this year. It is a sick feeling. Hopefully your insurance will kick in...

I sent you some paypal dollars to help out with the deduct or some beer to drown your sorrows
:beer:

Perhaps one day the bastards who did this will find themselves surrounded by a bunch of L owners for a good ol' a$$ kickin. ...and I'll be the busiest with one leg :D

Alpine
10-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Perhaps one day the bastards who did this will find themselves surrounded by a bunch of L owners for a good ol' a$$ kickin. ...and I'll be the busiest with one leg :DThats awesome Larry.knana Hey Terry, act like their satellite Dish is a prairie dog and take that sucker out from 700 yards. That would really pi$$ off those bastards not getting to watch re-runs of press your luck and family feud on the game show network.

Moonshine
10-02-2005, 02:13 PM
I believe most homeowner's insurance policies sold in Tx will cover up to 10% of household goods at a location other than your home. so, if you have a $5K loss, then as long as you have $50K or more in household good coverage, you should be insured, less your deductible.

The bigger issue, IMHO, is the future. If this was your neighbor and/or his drinkin' buddies, then you'll never be able to enjoy the place for fear of what's going to be damaged or stolen every time you leave. With that in mind, I'd recommend;

1. Compile the list of model/seial numbers and get that to Ellis Co. SO ASAP. Out of curousity, ask them if they subscribe to leadsonline. Also, see if you can find out who the assigned investigator is.
2. File a claim with your homeowner's insurance carrier.
3. Give Ellis Co two weeks to see if they clear it. If they do, then that may solve the future problems. If they don't, then we can discuss some options to hopefully preclude a recurrence.

Ivanhoe_Farms
10-02-2005, 08:40 PM
I just happened to take a pic the night before we left. See the mower by the wall. There had to be 3 guys to pick it up sideways and unload it out the side door. What a shame, how do you live next to neighboors like this...

Terry,

How many fence posts do you need? Steel, wood, etc.

Mark #2
10-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Terry,
Sorry for your loss, that sucks.
Maybe you should take the neighbors a couple of bottles of Crown and drink with them one night, make friends if possible. Just a thought.
Otherwise, I think you are stuck with a bad situation.

tiffo60
10-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Terry,
Maybe you should take the neighbors a couple of bottles of Crown and drink with them one night, make friends if possible. Just a thought.

"keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

L8 APEX
10-02-2005, 09:47 PM
They didn't take any t posts yet. I talked with this neighbor the night before it happened about needing to use his driveway for the dirt guy to unload his tractor. He said sure and made small talk about the project. I normally see him everytime I am out there and he comes over and talks a while. But as of Friday night things changed. The first indicator was Saturday morning when I called the Sherriff and the sherriff parked in bad guys drive because I didn't have one yet. On our way walking back to their squad I noticed dirtball's wife had pulled in around the cop car and went inside. Dirtball and clan never stepped foot outside. Now if there is a cop car in my drive I am going to see what is going on and if I have any input. Then late in the day he got on his bike and left not waiving back. Then all day today not hair nor peep from him and I was hammering T post by his house all day long. Never once did he step out on his porch, he parked his bike out front and stayed inside. Between the change in behavior and hiding from the cop car... I know the reason.

I am compiling pictures and serial numbers tonight and will deliver them to the SO tomorrow.
As for insurance I will call tomorrow but I am afraid it will not work out. A good bit of the property lost I had borrowed or rented it was not originally household property. Also I don't want to get cancelled or rates double for a 'small' claim.
A sincere thanks for your help and support. I am trying to be mature in the handling of this sensitive matter. I will let the cops have first shot at making it right:evil .

BC Lightning
10-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Hey T, PM sent :tu:

Mark #2
10-02-2005, 10:10 PM
"keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Exactly, my grandmother’s house in the country sat empty when I was in college when she stayed at my uncle’s house when I couldn’t make it on some weekends to take her to the grocery store and hair dresser.

Her house got robbed, took all the guns and the silver. We all knew who robbed the house, the bad family in the country, illegal trappers no less, it wasn’t a secret.

One weekend I had a big college party at Grand mom’s house and invited the inbred brothers…free keg beer and sorority girls.

They broke into the basement the next weekend and returned all the guns and the silver (with fingerprints), never had another problem as we didn’t press charges. We think that they actually watched over grand mom and protected the house after that day.

I think that a L party on the land might help with the relationship, you need them to watch your property when you aren't there.

Tex Arcana
10-02-2005, 11:44 PM
They didn't take any t posts yet. I talked with this neighbor the night before it happened about needing to use his driveway for the dirt guy to unload his tractor. He said sure and made small talk about the project. I normally see him everytime I am out there and he comes over and talks a while. But as of Friday night things changed. The first indicator was Saturday morning when I called the Sherriff and the sherriff parked in bad guys drive because I didn't have one yet. On our way walking back to their squad I noticed dirtball's wife had pulled in around the cop car and went inside. Dirtball and clan never stepped foot outside. Now if there is a cop car in my drive I am going to see what is going on and if I have any input. Then late in the day he got on his bike and left not waiving back. Then all day today not hair nor peep from him and I was hammering T post by his house all day long. Never once did he step out on his porch, he parked his bike out front and stayed inside. Between the change in behavior and hiding from the cop car... I know the reason.

I am compiling pictures and serial numbers tonight and will deliver them to the SO tomorrow.
As for insurance I will call tomorrow but I am afraid it will not work out. A good bit of the property lost I had borrowed or rented it was not originally household property. Also I don't want to get cancelled or rates double for a 'small' claim.
A sincere thanks for your help and support. I am trying to be mature in the handling of this sensitive matter. I will let the cops have first shot at making it right:evil .

Terry, definitely call your insurance agent first, and discuss it. I talked to mine about item coverage in the car while I'm working the disasters, and was told the auto won't cover over 200 miles away; however, the HOMEOWNERS will cover all items stolen from the car (and I've got a FEMA-owned computer that's worth close to $4k). Chances are, if you're company is half-decent, your trailer's contents will be covered.

Good luck, man.

Tex Arcana
10-02-2005, 11:46 PM
If you need any help or tools let me know. I have most every thing for fence work and if not I can go down to the country and get it. Sorry for the bad luck. I all so have 5000 rounds of 223 we can blast off out there way.If that does not do it I can bring the 50 cal out.:D

I've got an old fence-stretcher, if you need it... it's ancient, but it works. :tu:

Showtime
10-03-2005, 12:00 AM
I've got an old fence-stretcher, if you need it... it's ancient, but it works. :tu:
:D

gagspa
10-03-2005, 10:36 AM
You should go camping out there one weekend with a bunch of guys. Spend most of the day shooting guns. :D

tiffo60
10-03-2005, 10:50 AM
You should go camping out there one weekend with a bunch of guys. Spend most of the day shooting guns. :D

for sure, i have got a couple of thousand of 7.62 rounds we can let loose

QDRHRSE
10-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Terry,

....no way. Take some Crown over there, get them really drunk, shoot 'em, and then burry them in their own yard. Make sure you let your dog crap on their graves! If you don't have a dog you can borrow one of mine.

In all seriousness, this same thing happened to a friend of mine who bought a farm in Arizona. Only in his case they looted his tools and dirtbikes. He caught one of them riding one of his bikes 5 or 6 months later and ended up getting most everything back. If it's a small town your stuff will turn up sooner or later. Look for "for sale" signs and things of that nature.

I really feel for you. You probably bought the property so that you could avoid this exact type of situation. I had a truck stolen in July and the loss of the truck itself was not what really bothered me.....I'm guessing you feel the same way.

Tex Arcana
10-03-2005, 03:46 PM
whats her name :D
Granny... :tongue:

L8 APEX
10-03-2005, 08:50 PM
Well I took a few hours and made a CD with a word doc and pics for the investigator. Homeowners insurance would cover the property but it doesn't look like I can use it. I am on a joint policy with my old man and he doesn't want his rates going up anymore. He says I was stupid for leaving the trailer on the land overnight. Lesson learned.

REXRENEGADE
10-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Terry,
Sounds Like It's Time For A Talon Round Up. I bet we could get 25 30 trucks down there to intimidate those flea bags. You just say the word and we are all behind you Bro.
:flaming:

tiffo60
10-04-2005, 09:16 AM
im in

L8 APEX
10-04-2005, 09:34 AM
You still need a 4wd to get in the entrance:hammer: . Shooting around there will just make them want to steal the guns later:rolleyes: .

L8 APEX
10-10-2005, 12:01 AM
Sunday eve update from the dirt:
Thanks to Mike for taking Friday off to help me mow my pasture with his work mower he did an excellent job and it makes it a lot nicer to work on:bows .
Thanks to those who helped out monetarily. I have spent about $1500 bucks just replacing necessities to do jobs like this weekend.

I cleared 250ft of dense tundra, forrest and brush by 10ft wide Saturday. I used two new chains on the new Stihl saw and was using 80 oftow straps to pull the trees and brush out up to 5 at a time.
Then I got an early start Sunday and set 4 H posts and a corner brace. We hammered about 20 T posts and painted the braces. Today's auger operation was very tiring through some tough root systems and clay soil. Now for another 50 T posts and I can start pulling fence wire.

BC Lightning
10-10-2005, 12:32 PM
no problems T, glad I could help on friday, if I didn't have 5th row tickets to the Texas "uo" game, then I would have helped on saturday as well, my boss said I could use the same mower another time, just have to give him heads up. This time I'll bring the big daddy bottle of Crown Special Reserve to keep us warm :tu:

L8 APEX
10-10-2005, 04:57 PM
I spent another 500 bucks today replacing the winch, battery, and straps since I have to haul a truck this week. I got a quote of 340 bucks to replace the two trailer tires and wheels that were nabbed. Still not a peep from my shitbucket neighbor or the asshat investigator assigned to find my stuff. he still hasn't questioned the shitbucket yet either. Marching on...

L8 APEX
10-10-2005, 05:10 PM
The L putting in the work. This was a heavy trailer! 12K gross pipe trailer built to haul a skid steer tractor or such. With no brake controller and Roush suspension I bet it was a heck of a load:tu:
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6088/CIMG4745.JPG

Mark #2
10-10-2005, 06:54 PM
The L putting in the work. This was a heavy trailer! 12K gross pipe trailer built to haul a skid steer tractor or such. With no brake controller and Roush suspension I bet it was a heck of a load:tu:

I bet it was on the bump stops.:d

my2002lightning
10-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Thieves hit us all hard from time-to-time, like this C6 owner.:hammer:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/infosai/jackedvette.jpg