PDA

View Full Version : follow up to Natural gas discussion at Meeting

Silver_2000
10-05-2005, 10:48 PM
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/100505dnbusatmos.c55dee67.html

For the peak month of January, the average customer last year used 13,000 cubic feet of gas and paid $145. For the same amount of gas this year, the customer will probably pay between $200 and $270. About three-quarters of a January bill goes toward natural gas costs.

Mark #2
10-06-2005, 12:01 AM
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/100505dnbusatmos.c55dee67.html

For the peak month of January, the average customer last year used 13,000 cubic feet of gas and paid $145. For the same amount of gas this year, the customer will probably pay between $200 and $270. About three-quarters of a January bill goes toward natural gas costs.

Wow, 13,000, I was way off. so roughly that is a $.01 per cubic foot. Brian start doing the math for a million cubic feet/month that is $10K. So figure 3 to 9 months delay.knana Gets close to the $100k number.

03LightningRocks
10-06-2005, 12:48 AM
Might be a good time for folks to consider a new High Effeciency gas furnace from Plano Air Conditioning and Heating :banana: .

Rocks:D

Mark #2
10-06-2005, 12:53 AM
Might be a good time for folks to consider a new High Effeciency gas furnace from Plano Air Conditioning and Heating :banana: .

Rocks:D

Okay so how come you aren't on the local news doing energy commercials like I am watching now?:D

And if anyone is wondering why I am posting so late, I have to clean up the house after 2 weeks with the SO gone.

03LightningRocks
10-06-2005, 01:03 AM
Snip............

And if anyone is wondering why I am posting so late, I have to clean up the house after 2 weeks with the SO gone.

You can't possibly be getting anything cleaned up while your watching the news and playing on the internet.........:cool: .

I can just see it now. You stay up all fricking night cleaning and fall asleep at about 6 A.M. The wife comes home, observes you passed out and snoring at 3 in the afternoon, then immediately assumes you stayed up all night drinking at some bar somewhere.

Your dead meat Mark....:evil

SILVER2000SVT
10-06-2005, 06:48 AM
This price hike is on top of the price of natural gas that has almost tripling in the past 4 years already. The price of gas used to be in the area of 1/3 the price of electricity per Energy Unit to produce heat. That's the reason people used natural gas. Now the price of heating is equal if not more for natural gas over electricity costs. It's going to be a hard sell for anybody wanting to sell gas appliances.

Rocks, you need to be selling some of those High Efficiency electric heat pumps.

I have one of those High Efficiency Trane AC units and electric heat in my house (none heat pump) and the winters cost about the same as the summer AC bill.

Moonshine
10-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Wow, 13,000, I was way off. so roughly that is a $.01 per cubic foot. Brian start doing the math for a million cubic feet/month that is $10K. So figure 3 to 9 months delay.knana Gets close to the $100k number.

They said most of the wells around me are pumping 12-14 million CF per day. However, any royalty I received is based upon my share of the unit (land area within the unit), and then just a percentage. Like I said, some folks will become millionaires, but I'm certain I won't be among them. Just not enough land even if there's a major vein right under me.