PDA

View Full Version : Gen 1 Lightning

svtteichman
09-30-2002, 12:29 PM
I own a 1995 red lightning. I have found out that only 695 were made that year. Does that increase the value signifigantly or does it just make the parts that more expensive.
I was also wondering if someone could help me with a minor problem: The voltage going into the egr sensor is about 4.5, it should be @5. Should I replace the sensor, the wiring, or look into the computer? Common sense says look into the computer, but I'm a little low on cash and don't really want to take it to the dealership for a $200 hookup to their computer sytems. The egr sensor is only $40.
One last thing, my dash right abover the glove box has a crack in it. Are there any junk yards or dealers that have that one section, so I don't have to buy a whole new dash?THANKS!:tu: :tu:

George G.
10-02-2002, 09:37 PM
Parts aren't that hard to find. There aren't too many L specific parts. Except for like interior stuff and a few others. Haven't had any EGR probs with mine so I couldn't help you there. How 'bout a replacement dash from a salvage yard? Good luck

blueoval01
10-02-2002, 09:50 PM
LMAO ........ it cracks me up everytime I see your sig, George.
"guardrail enhanced front and rear bumpers"

How about city-titty enhanced suspension? :banana:

George G.
10-02-2002, 10:06 PM
Ain't that the truth! Every little bump or crack feels like a city-titty! I guess I could update my sig since an 88 Plymouth Reliant finished off the back bumper! You'll see it at the meet tomorrow. It's shameful!