PDA

View Full Version : Custom Tune

hoponspot
10-20-2005, 06:35 AM
I have a friend in Dallas w/ a 2003 Lightning.
He took it in for oil change and something w/ his warranty maintenance.
The Technician at Texan Ford told him that "Someone put a custom tune" on his truck and they could not honor his warranty. He said he bought the truck used and did not come w/ a handheld tuner or anything else and appeared to be a fairly stock truck since it only had 8000 miles on it.
My question is....... wouldn't the Ford dealership be able to download the stock tune over it? (The truck is his daily driver and he wants it to be completely stock for now)
Anyone else have any problems w/ dealerships honoring warranties?
I told him to take the truck back to the dealership where he bought it and have them to reflash the stock tune back on it.

tiffo60
10-20-2005, 09:28 AM
i thought they couldnt void the warranty unless they could directly link the problem to place in question, and from what you said he just took it in to do routine maintence so really nothing was affected, and i would think any of the ford dealerships could reflash it

L8 APEX
10-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Make sure there is no chip in it and the dealer can flash a stock file back into the PCM per the VIN#. The local dealer charges 200 bucks to reflash a truck.

hoponspot
10-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Thanks guys,
I'll let him know.