PDA

View Full Version : tranny

QIK KAT
10-22-2005, 08:22 PM
terry,

Iwould like to have you take a look at this, i put a jlp v/b on my truck, and the shift problems went from bad to worse, anyway i put the stock v/b back on thinking it would go back to bad istll got 1st up to 4000rpm and then o/d. ican shft manualy 1st 2nd but no third it will go to o/d, the o/d button does not work also. And yes i did check the fuse, it's good. what do i need to do.

L8 APEX
10-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Carma's a bitch ain't it:D . If the stock VB does the same thing it is tranny time 95%:hammer: . Bring it by next week and we can asses the damage.

QIK KAT
10-22-2005, 09:20 PM
You know whats odd about this whole thing is that it was fine b/4 the v/b. But one thing though,the guy that was replacing it accidently took the wrong body off:hammer: the one next to it shaped like idaho, but just simply bolted it back in( yes i know, who in the hell did i take it to?) Well i took it in to goodyear to get the trans fluid changed and i convinced him to change the v/b. what a mistake that was!:mad:. O ya, this tranny only has 8000 miles on it. It's the 2nd 1. I don't get it!?:bs

L8 APEX
10-22-2005, 09:33 PM
Ahh the story gets better, see you mentioned nothing about taking other valve bodies down. It may be a cheap fix if that is so. Accumulator alone wouldn't do that without hard parts being broken. But I have seen a LOT of trannies run in limp mode or whacked for a short time and that has taken them out:( . See you this week I rekon:tu: .

wesman
10-22-2005, 09:56 PM
Buy a Monster Box....I've got an awesome one that's missing second gear for sale.....never raced :rolleyes:

--wes

QIK KAT
10-23-2005, 08:31 AM
No thanks, I've got three monsters already, well 4 if you count my truck:rolleyes: