PDA

View Full Version : Dana's lost his marbles...

aliekitn99
10-23-2005, 12:55 PM
:tongue:He's talking about getting rid of the L and replacing it with a Z06!

:eek:

dboat
10-23-2005, 04:40 PM
I was watching the Speed Channel last night. They had a special test drive of tne new 2006 Corvette Z06. Man, is that one fine ride!! Talk about having your cake and eating it too. Plus, what bang for the buck....

Would hate to give up the L, but for a Z06, I just might...
Dana

Shiner1
10-24-2005, 04:59 PM
IS someone telling on you? :hammer:

dboat
10-24-2005, 06:05 PM
kinda,
Kim likes the truck and so do I, but you have to admit, its one bad ass car.I think she was trying to get some Talon members to say I would be crazy to make the trade.. who knows, maybe it can become my winter beater and I will get rid of the Acura..
Dana

Mark #2
10-24-2005, 07:13 PM
If I could afford a Z06 I would get one, so no help from me, but your hair must be white before owning a Corvette.:D

99WhiteBeast
10-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Agree with Mark on this one- you should be a regular at Luby's before owning one.

Mark #2
10-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Agree with Mark on this one- you should be a regular at Luby's before owning one.

Maybe we should start the car stereotype thread, just a hint, not to get this OT.
Corvette=gray
Porsche Boxster=gay

True Blue Aggie
10-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Well color me a old gay man, cause I would take either of them in a heartbeat.....;)

Mark #2
10-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Well color me a old gay man, cause I would take either of them in a heartbeat.....;)

The mirror tells me I'm working on the grey part, but I would not drive a Boxster.;)

L8 APEX
10-24-2005, 09:53 PM
Get the Zo6:bows . Variety is the spice of life.:tu: I enjoyed my silver lightning the most and the silver Z06 second. The other two C5's were not as fun though I almost broke the 200 mark in the black one. I was always glad to get back in my L though. I could see better through traffic and haul stuff in it. Plus people respected a fast truck but they expected a fast car:rolleyes: . In a few years there will be another worthy sport truck to be had.

dboat
10-24-2005, 10:51 PM
Get the Zo6:bows . Variety is the spice of life.:tu: I enjoyed my silver lightning the most and the silver Z06 second. The other two C5's were not as fun though I almost broke the 200 mark in the black one. I was always glad to get back in my L though. I could see better through traffic and haul stuff in it. Plus people respected a fast truck but they expected a fast car:rolleyes: . In a few years there will be another worthy sport truck to be had.
Terry,
are there any mods for the new one yet? nitrous and blown are not an option...

my2002lightning
10-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Dana,

Nothing but respect for the '06 Z-06! :bowsThat black '06 Z-06 in the neighborhood recently showed me his tail-lights in the worst way - and I was actually diggin' on the go-pedal. :D He knew exactly what a L was as he was playing with me in traffic after taunting him. :evil I suppose I don't mind getting beat by a 505/485 Corvette in a 3,132 lb. pkg.:eek2: 7.0L at 0-60 @ 3.7 sec., to boot.

http://www.kerbeck.com/kerbeck/kerbeck.nsf/%28Images%29/243BE52A9E953C9B85257029006E2D02/$FILE/C6_Z06_25small.jpg

More info: http://www.kerbeck.com/kerbeck/kerbeck.nsf/2006z06

Very sexy Z-06, but do you actually want to submit your beloved L to all the perma-salt/dirt of the Northern winters ?!? :hammer::crying:

It's pure-hell on any vehicle as we've seen. :cool: Good luck and tell Kim we said hi!

Ronald

BC Lightning
10-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Headers on a new Z06 put out like 480 rear horse. they are the same basic design as the LS1 so they bolt right up, except LG Motorsports redesigned their headers to make them fit a 3" collector, in other words there are mods out there :evil

plus correct me if I'm wrong but I think the camshaft is a .600 lift, biggest cam for a production car, just imagine to a .620 lift and bigger duration, that would be sick with full exhaust!!!

03LightningRocks
10-25-2005, 05:39 AM
Everytime a kid in a Civic tries to race me, I can't help but wonder what recent day it was that he raced and beat :ron: .

Geeze Ronald, a kid on a 10 speed bike could take you. Quit with the race stories already. We all know you won't take her more than 5 MPH over the speed limit.

Get the damned Z06 Dana.....there is no second chance at life. You can always get another L if you crave drivin a peeeeecup truck again.

I say, Go For It!!!!!!!!!!!

Moonshine
10-25-2005, 09:52 AM
but your hair must be white before owning a Corvette.:D

Hmmm, guess I'd better stock up on the Grecian Formula. :rolleyes:

L8 APEX
10-25-2005, 10:06 AM
The usual bolt ons are ready to go. You could take delivery at a local dealer here and we could prep it and deliver it to you:evil . From what I hear local dealers are still 15K over sticker making it 81K. I have a customer that ordered one through Classic at MSRP and he is #46 for that dealer. It is supose to arrive in January for $67K. Old vettes are for old people, new vettes are for enthusiasts of any age. This is a must for any garage.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15fast_cars1.jpg
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15tag_team.jpg
You might as well stay with black while you're at it:cool:
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15shine.jpg

L8 APEX
10-25-2005, 10:11 AM
of course a car of that power level needs a matching set of wheels and brakes.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/15Brembos_HREsmall.jpg
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/15BMF_garage4.jpg
You probably wouldn't care too much for Carvaggio custom seats though:D . They are a real PITA for daily driving. I had to take my phone and stuff off my belt to be able to get in and out.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/15interior_1.jpg

03LightningRocks
10-25-2005, 10:19 AM
Wow, 67K plus about 10K in immediate bling mods.........cripes, Dana is livin large :d :d :d .

Hell....why screw around Dana? Get two, one for you...and one for Kimknana .

Rocks:tu:

aliekitn99
10-25-2005, 10:51 AM
[Very sexy Z-06, but do you actually want to submit your beloved L to all the perma-salt/dirt of the Northern winters ?!? :hammer::crying:

It's pure-hell on any vehicle as we've seen. :cool: Good luck and tell Kim we said hi!

Ronald[/QUOTE]

Hi Ronald...

Uh, the L gets put up for the winter and doesn't come out until spring. Too much power for the snow and the air is too cold and can do damage. If you read the owners manual, it says not to drive in snowy conditions (not exact phrasing) but you get the idea. Dana crys when it's time to put the L up but the Acura is a fun ride too. It's kinda peppy for a non-sports car.

Kimmie

aliekitn99
10-25-2005, 10:56 AM
Wow, 67K plus about 10K in immediate bling mods.........cripes, Dana is livin large :d :d :d .

UGH...thanks but no thanks....I don't like 'vettes. They are sleek looking but I don't like the ride. I prefer Porsches any day especially the 911's and I would not turn down a Boxter...:tongue: I know they are not as fast, etc...but I don't care about that....I drive kinda granny anyways especially in the winter.

BC Lightning
10-25-2005, 11:53 AM
From what I hear local dealers are still 15K over sticker making it 81K. I have a customer that ordered one through Classic at MSRP and he is #46 for that dealer. It is supose to arrive in January for $67K. Old vettes are for old people, new vettes are for enthusiasts of any age. This is a must for any garage.

Thats exactly what Ken Thompson at Classic told me and my dad when we looked for a black one. If he decides to get it, it will be around late January/ early February. Plus price and availability of one the a few options, DVD navigation, etc. They are going for $84,000 at Frank Parra in Irving before TTL :eek2:

my2002lightning
10-25-2005, 06:30 PM
Ya' know Uncle Rocks, you sure b!tch alot! :D 120 is my record, thus far, I'll have you know.:burnout:

Just my $.02, Dana - go for the '06 Z-06 if that's what you want, but don't abuse your L and watch it get eaten up with rust. Not to mention the front/rear weight distribution of the L in snow/ice being unsafe.

You've got a sharp L and I wouldn't want to see that happen.:tu:

Ronald

Everytime a kid in a Civic tries to race me, I can't help but wonder what recent day it was that he raced and beat :ron: .

Geeze Ronald, a kid on a 10 speed bike could take you. Quit with the race stories already. We all know you won't take her more than 5 MPH over the speed limit.

dboat
10-25-2005, 09:40 PM
I'll probably have to wait a year until the markups are off of the new ones.. not paying more than sticker period.. the feeding frenzy will die off soon enough. The idea was that the L was in the garage for the winter and I would have to drive the vette in the winter... since I would get rid of the Acura.. well, I will wait until I can make a deal, but they are sweet..

Terry,
I might just have to take you up on that offer.. or at least meet you in St Louis..

Rocks,
I agree with you... but it might have to wait a little while..

Dana

dboat
10-30-2005, 07:10 AM

I was thinkning about this Rocks, then I went back and thought about how much I have tied up in the L.. well, I have a lot more in it than I thought.. the best part is that you dont have to do a whole lot of mods for the Z06 because the darned thing is so well done now. Mostly bling mods.. How much do you have tied up in your L? then compare its numbers to the Z06.. I bet they are that far off.. plus the Z06 is an easy daily driver too..
Dana

L8 APEX
10-30-2005, 02:26 PM
From what I have seen the vettes are great in foul weather the active handling systems drives the car for you. There mostly composite and aluminum, magnesium costruction resists corrosion rather well compared to Ford steel:rolleyes: .

03LightningRocks
10-30-2005, 03:30 PM
I was thinkning about this Rocks, then I went back and thought about how much I have tied up in the L.. well, I have a lot more in it than I thought.. the best part is that you dont have to do a whole lot of mods for the Z06 because the darned thing is so well done now. Mostly bling mods.. How much do you have tied up in your L? then compare its numbers to the Z06.. I bet they are that far off.. plus the Z06 is an easy daily driver too..
Dana

I would agree with that. My biggest problem with any of the fast sports cars, is the size issue. Trying to get my big arse up and out of these go carts.

Rocks

dboat
10-30-2005, 04:34 PM
I would agree with that. My biggest problem with any of the fast sports cars, is the size issue. Trying to get my big arse up and out of these go carts.

Rocks
I resemble that remark...:o

Moonshine
10-31-2005, 06:18 PM
The local newspaper automotive writer always stops by when he has something interesting, and he just came by with a new Z06. I called Terry to come take some pics that he may post up. I was not allowed to drive the Z06, but he did take me for a ride.

If you drive it easy it's quiet, docile, and just barely rougher riding than a regular C6. When he showered down it felt every bit the 11 second car it is. knana Dana, I'd say that if you want one, and if you can get one for sticker, go for it. That is a serious ride. :beer:

wesman
10-31-2005, 08:23 PM
It was a nice car indeed. I like some of the little things they've done. Definiltey paid attention to detail on this one.

--wes

dboat
10-31-2005, 09:29 PM
The local newspaper automotive writer always stops by when he has something interesting, and he just came by with a new Z06. I called Terry to come take some pics that he may post up. I was not allowed to drive the Z06, but he did take me for a ride.

If you drive it easy it's quiet, docile, and just barely rougher riding than a regular C6. When he showered down it felt every bit the 11 second car it is. knana Dana, I'd say that if you want one, and if you can get one for sticker, go for it. That is a serious ride. :beer:

Thanks Moonshine.. But to be honest, it will take a supercar like this at sticker price or less to get me out of my L.. but as Rocks says, I need to find out if my arse can fit in it first.. :evil

my2002lightning
10-31-2005, 09:58 PM
I've sat in one of the new Z06s not too long ago as has my Architect cousin (6'2") as he's looking to replace his '00 WS6. It takes some maneuvering even for us skinny-fellers to get in there.

You didn't try getting in Unsane's Viper recently, Dana? It's close to it in size/fit.

Go try one on and see what you think.:tu:

Ronald

Thanks Moonshine.. But to be honest, it will take a supercar like this at sticker price or less to get me out of my L.. but as Rocks says, I need to find out if my arse can fit in it first.. :evil

True Blue Aggie
10-31-2005, 10:05 PM
See now I know you are lying. There isn't a architect in business that can afford a C6. Trust me, that is one of the reasons I got out of the business.....:rolleyes:

my2002lightning
10-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Whatever! This cousin's finishing up his MBA at SMU - OU under-grad, too. He's doing alright - new home and recently married.

He hasn't pulled the trigger on the 'Vette, yet - he's fiscally-conservative.

Pretty good for a couple of "dumb-Okies", huh? :)

See now I know you are lying. There isn't a architect in business that can afford a C6. Trust me, that is one of the reasons I got out of the business.....:rolleyes:

dboat
11-01-2005, 05:49 PM
I've sat in one of the new Z06s not too long ago as has my Architect cousin (6'2") as he's looking to replace his '00 WS6. It takes some maneuvering even for us skinny-fellers to get in there.

You didn't try getting in Unsane's Viper recently, Dana? It's close to it in size/fit.

Go try one on and see what you think.:tu:

Ronald

I sat in Wayne's Viper and it wasnt too bad...

L8 APEX
11-01-2005, 06:15 PM
I sat in Wayne's Viper and it wasnt too bad...
Apples to oranges, vettes are much easier ingress/ergess. Old Vipers are rough

02BOLT
11-01-2005, 08:06 PM
A good friend of mine has an '02 ZO6, and he invited me on a little "ride and drive" through the countryside west of DFW on Sunday with a local Corvette club. There were about 25-30 cars, including one red C6 ZO6, and one black C6 ZO6. I had to cover my mouth, due to the incessant slobbering that occurred every time I looked at those cars.

It was one thing to see them sitting inside the shows at the Dallas New Car Show, and the State Fair, but to see those bad boys out of captivity, strutting their stuff was fricking AWESOME!:eek2:

They are just absolutely fricking sick cars PERIOD.:bows While $70K is a big chunk of change, it's quite a bargain when you look at what that car is capable of in terms of the complete package, especially when you compare it to other supercars on the planet. It may not have the raw visceral aesthetics of the Viper or Ford GT, but it is IMO, the most wicked looking Vette ever, and that ain't no punk.

Oh yeah:o ............I'd go for it!

my2002lightning
11-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Dana,

I ran into one of the new yellow Z06s in Plano/Frisco today on 121 in the L on the way back from lunch. Sexy as all hell!:bows

If you don't already have this url, here ya' go: http://www.corvetteforum.com/

Pull that trigger....:D

http://www.thevettedoctors.com/images/2006z06/paulsz06front.jpg

http://www.thevettedoctors.com/images/2006z06/paulsz06rear.jpg