PDA

View Full Version : Anyone w/ GOOD connection w/ auto body repair shop?

George G.
10-02-2002, 10:01 PM
Hey,

I'm looking for some help...hopefully. Since my physical encounter with a cream puff 88 Plymouth Reliant. I'll now have to be claiming the damage to my truck on MY uninsured motorists coverage. SUCKS! What I'm trying to do is this. One estimate totaled to about 873 bucks. That was at Westway Ford. I'm trying to find a shop that does quality work that is cheaper than Ford, ********************************************** BUT, when the check comes, I want to apply the amount to other body work, instead of buying a new step bumper and brackets and stuff.

Makes sense?

:tu: cya

OneRedTXBolt
10-02-2002, 10:59 PM
George,

I understand exactly what you're looking for. And I really do hope you find someone that knows someone that can help you.

I wouldn't suggest you go looking around for that on your own, 'cuz that's called insurance fraud, and I think it'll be tough to find a shop that is willing to do that, and that you could still trust enough to not screw ~you~ over.

Good luck! Sorry to hear the bad news about your truck...

L8 APEX
10-03-2002, 12:21 AM
Ask me at the meeting.:tu:

George G.
10-03-2002, 10:03 AM
:tu:

I didn't think that would be insurance fraud. I just know that If I were to get the work done at Ford, they wouldn't be willing to apply the work to other areas of body work. See ya at the meeting.