PDA

View Full Version : Sold the Lightning today!!

bobbywade69
10-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Traded in the L today for a new Rubicon, I always missed 4X4 when ever I wanted to so now I can!! I will miss all yall guys. Heres a pic of the new ride and the specs, makes a nice little crawler!!:tu: I will have some L parts for sell this week.

2006 Jeep Rubicon
4.0L Six Cly.
6-Speed Manual
Dana 44 Front and Rear Axles with 4.10 Gears
Air Lockers Front and Rear
6 to 1 Ratio Transfer case

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16705&size=big&limit=recent

microsuck
10-28-2005, 03:23 PM
yeah, lockers are nice. I got those on my dodge. of course i dont engage them much though :)

QDRHRSE
10-28-2005, 03:28 PM
You must have been sniffing glue. I don't see how anybody would rather have a Jeep rather than an L. I sold my Wrangler 2 months ago. On a positive note- one of my camping buddies has a new Rubi and that rig is really impressive. They go up sick stuff with ease. The air lockers are the ticket. At least you went from the King of Trucks to the King of Jeeps! Good luck and have fun.

tliss
10-28-2005, 04:00 PM
You big sissy. What on earth were you thinking?? :tongue:

Not my cup of tea (got 2 Jeeps...Grand Cherokee and Liberty...and hate them both) but if you're happy then :tu: .

Tom

PoorSvtman
10-28-2005, 04:21 PM
You big sissy. What on earth were you thinking?? :tongue:

Tom

He did just get married.... but im sure he will have a lift or something on it soon.

Lyfisin
10-28-2005, 04:49 PM
I own a Wrangler Sport and the L and they're both pretty fun. Just in different ways. :banana:

Grats on the Rubi. :)

bobbywade69
10-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Yes a 2.5" lift, exaust, winch and a chip, I think will do nicely.

He did just get married.... but im sure he will have a lift or something on it soon.

wesman
10-28-2005, 07:50 PM
I own a Wrangler Sport and the L and they're both pretty fun. Just in different ways. :banana:

Grats on the Rubi. :)

I sold my Wrangler when I got my L....so did DamonH, weird ,seems ot be lits of former or present Wrangler/L owners.

--wes

True Blue Aggie
10-29-2005, 08:11 AM
I can't remember what the over/under was on Bobby getting rid of the L. 6 months? 9 months? :D

REXRENEGADE
10-29-2005, 09:19 AM
You were the BURNOUT KING! Parking Lots Beware.
:burnout:

bobbywade69
10-29-2005, 09:53 AM
3 years I had her!!:D

I can't remember what the over/under was on Bobby getting rid of the L. 6 months? 9 months? :D

StormShadow
10-29-2005, 10:36 AM
3 years I had her!!:D

He means after you got OWNED! lol

tliss
10-29-2005, 11:12 AM

Regardless it looks like I lost. They all cave in after they get married, I just didn't think Bobby would cave so soon. I bet his old recliner hit the dumpster months ago!

Another one bites the dust. How does it feel to have your nutz carried around in her purse :tongue: :rll: . I warned you ahead of time but you didn't listen :evil

Tom

03LightningRocks
10-29-2005, 11:33 AM
This is so obviouse...LMAO. So what color did she want it in? What kind of accessories did she want on it...:rll: .

You my man are what we in the single world call

WHIPPED!!!!

03LightningRocks
10-29-2005, 11:39 AM

He will have to get permission from the boss first....:rll: :rll: :rll: .

bobbywade69
10-29-2005, 11:51 AM
She wouldn't come with me when I got the Jeep because she didn't want me to trade it in, when I got home she had been crying all day about it! :d Plus it was time to get something new I had my fun with the Lightning!!!

He will have to get permission from the boss first....:rll: :rll: :rll: .

my2002lightning
10-29-2005, 11:52 AM
I seem to have the opposite problem. :rolleyes: Elaine insists on me keeping the L and not trading-in for one of the new Super-Duties. I argue I can go on hunting trips with it and haul babies around in it - unlike the L.;)

Seriously, sharp looking Jeep, Bobby! :tu: Those Dana 44s are some STOUT axles. Have fun. 4-wheeling's a blast!

Ronald

bobbywade69
10-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Funny thing is when we moved in to our new house we though out all of her stuff!:tu: She even let me buy the 42" Plazma last week!!

Regardless it looks like I lost. They all cave in after they get married, I just didn't think Bobby would cave so soon. I bet his old recliner hit the dumpster months ago!

Another one bites the dust. How does it feel to have your nutz carried around in her purse :tongue: :rll: . I warned you ahead of time but you didn't listen :evil

Tom

StormShadow
10-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Traded in the L today for a new Rubicon, I always missed 4X4 when ever I wanted to so now I can!! I will miss all yall guys. Heres a pic of the new ride and the specs, makes a nice little crawler!!:tu: I will have some L parts for sell this week.

2006 Jeep Rubicon
4.0L Six Cly.
6-Speed Manual
Dana 44 Front and Rear Axles with 4.10 Gears
Air Lockers Front and Rear
6 to 1 Ratio Transfer case

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16705&size=big&limit=recent

Call me up whenever you decide to go hit the trails, I would like to go.

bobbywade69
10-29-2005, 02:39 PM
No problemo, did alittle today I know she is geared low in 4Lo in 6th gear it won't go over 10mph!! I was climbing over sand pits this morning!!:D

Call me up whenever you decide to go hit the trails, I would like to go.

03LightningRocks
10-30-2005, 01:04 AM
I was teasing ya about being P-Whooped, but I have to admit, that thing looks like it could be fun....I wouldn't mind having that toy. Just not as a replacement for my L. It would be cool having that on the deer lease:banana: .

At least she didn't make you get a mini-van. That's what :ron: is going to trade his L in for...:rll: .

L8 APEX
10-30-2005, 01:32 AM
I remember off roading could cost more than drag racing. $20 bucks in quarters to wash the mud off. It also pisses off every car wash owner around to mud up their stalls. Off roading also wears and breaks stuff like anything else that is fun.Not to mention it is like riding a dirtbike in that it is illegal to do about anywhere close. We have a good account with 4wheel Parts if you need a hookup brother:tu: . I bought a Warn 9500XDi for dad's Z-71 a few years back with the front reciever and multimount kit. Winches like two batteries though...

my2002lightning
10-30-2005, 01:48 AM
Whatever! :D I'm not going to let go of Suzie. That's my girl. We've been down too many trails...

The Liberty is the baby carriage.:)

I was teasing ya about being P-Whooped, but I have to admit, that thing looks like it could be fun....I wouldn't mind having that toy. Just not as a replacement for my L. It would be cool having that on the deer lease:banana: .

At least she didn't make you get a mini-van. That's what :ron: is going to trade his L in for...:rll: .

bobbywade69
10-30-2005, 11:21 AM
I'll keep that in mind I'll need a lift installed in a few months and a winch!!:tu: Now if a can find a programmer for this thing I'll be happy.

I remember off roading could cost more than drag racing. $20 bucks in quarters to wash the mud off. It also pisses off every car wash owner around to mud up their stalls. Off roading also wears and breaks stuff like anything else that is fun.Not to mention it is like riding a dirtbike in that it is illegal to do about anywhere close. We have a good account with 4wheel Parts if you need a hookup brother:tu: . I bought a Warn 9500XDi for dad's Z-71 a few years back with the front reciever and multimount kit. Winches like two batteries though...

BC Lightning
10-30-2005, 12:13 PM
I remember off roading could cost more than drag racing. $20 bucks in quarters to wash the mud off. It also pisses off every car wash owner around to mud up their stalls. Off roading also wears and breaks stuff like anything else that is fun.Not to mention it is like riding a dirtbike in that it is illegal to do about anywhere close..................Winches like two batteries though...

That is very true, we use to take my 99 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (with 35" tires, Warn Winch, dual Optima Yellow Top batteries) out to the 360 off road trails. I have been ticketed there many times for trespassing. In my 79 Jeep Wrangler CJ-7 it was costing me 200-500 to keep the thing running and working. Got tired of it.

My .02 when you do lift it I would go with the Rancho lift kit and the Rancho RSX shocks. The 5000 series is too soft for trails and the 9000 are extremely stiff although they are adjustable like QA1's, not fun on the streets. The RSX are self adjusting and they hanlde on the trails and still give you a better ride than Pro-comp, or sky jacker gives.

StormShadow
10-31-2005, 10:23 AM
So is Tami sportin a "Bobby's Jeep Chick" shirt now?