PDA

View Full Version : Another Monster Box hits the bench

L8 APEX
11-02-2005, 12:54 AM
I love Greg he keeps me busy with his rework:D . I think this one went a full 1500 miles before failure. Directs are coned and gone gone, sprag is busted, clutch welded to the race, intermediates smoked, lol. It is on par with anything else someone trained by Ford would think up:hammer: .
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG4874.JPG
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG4876.JPG
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG4875.JPG

tiffo60
11-02-2005, 01:13 AM
NICE:tu:

PoorSvtman
11-02-2005, 01:26 AM
take it that its wes tranny

Silver_2000
11-02-2005, 08:42 AM
I thought Monster boxes had great warranties ???
Greg would persinally take care of any issues ?:evil

SILVER2000SVT
11-02-2005, 08:57 AM
I thought Monster boxes had great warranties ???
Greg would persinally take care of any issues ?:evil

I know Jasper's do, but I think with Greg it's hit or miss, and a lot more miss lately....

L8 APEX
11-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Wes was lucky enough to get one of the LAST boxes directly from Greg. Wes tried getting a hold of Greg for the last 6 months at least. I don't know if he ever heard from Greg directly. The only thing he told me was that Gregs wife was ill and there was no customer service in the 6 months he tried. Wes bought the box for its warranty etc and the last thing he wanted to do was pay Greg 2600 or whatever for a MB and three months later pay another 2600 to have someone else fix a "warrantied" tranny:hammer: . It ate some hard parts and those are pricey. Now that I have a Greg Evans original on the bench I am disappointed. I was worried he knew something we didn't, not true we have better innovations in our by a long shot. He adds one fritcion to the overdrive pak by shaving the backup plate in half which is an unsafe thickness. He uses an Alto direct pack which again uses thinned pieces and they bend into a cone shape and burn up as pictured. More thin parts are not stronger than fewer thick pieces. He does not replace the boost sleeve with an anti stiction unit. There are no mods to ports or passages. Just some extra springs in the accumulator and two sets of thin clutches/steels:bs .. I am glad we got to build this unit it deshrouds the MB mystery.

L8 APEX
11-02-2005, 10:57 AM
I know Jasper's do, but I think with Greg it's hit or miss, and a lot more miss lately....
I heard Jasper has sued Greg for a few issues with these already. I am sure they have already found the issues with his ass licking design. They were giving unlimited 2 year warranties. There were a lot of guys like Jason sending two or three back a year. That got their attention real quick for this 'factory tech' design they paid so dearly for:rll: .

PoorSvtman
11-02-2005, 11:14 AM
Wes tried getting a hold of Greg for the last 6 months at least. I don't know if he ever heard from Greg directly. The only thing he told me was that Gregs wife was ill and there was no customer service in the 6 months he tried

His wife was ill and the end of last year/begining of 05. I got ahold of hime maybe 6months ago and got a free valve body out of him. But hes no longer a Supporting vendor on alot of the boards since jasper started selling the trannies

wesman
11-02-2005, 11:53 AM
I am glad we got to build this unit it deshrouds the MB mystery.

Glad my misfortunes could be of help to others :hammer:

I'm excited to have a real tranny, I don't think I've ever driven the truck with a tranny that worked well, my stock was slippin too once I did any power mods.

--wes

DamonH
11-02-2005, 07:35 PM
arrgggg ... you guys have me scared shitless to install the one in my garage that's been sittin there for two years. :hammer:

Terry, since mine has no broken parts how much would you charge to go through it and make it a PR tranny before I bothered installing it?

diablolightning
11-02-2005, 08:25 PM
I'm excited to have a real tranny <------:eek:

--wes[/quote]

sorry had to do it:D good luck wes, nothing like having some quality workmanship.:tu:

03LightningRocks
11-03-2005, 02:06 AM
I wish I had of let you take pictures back when we found the rusted pitted parts in my Monster Box. That guy acts so holier than thou, while he Butt Focks Lightning owners.

I wonder how many stolen parts he has put in these trannies?

L8 APEX
11-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Hey Wes,
I found the cause of your failure. It was as simple as this little ball. This is an EPC (Electronic Pressure Control) check ball and it was missing from your transmission. It regulates the hydraulic pressure inside the transmission. Without it you develop too much pressure and sprags break, clutches cone, snap rings fail under the excessive hydraulic pressure etc. Nice one eh' don't worry the guy at the trans parts house gave me one for free:D
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG4930.JPG

wesman
11-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Sweet! I love when a $1.00 part ruins my 2k+ "bullet proof" tranny and allows me to buy another 2k+ tranny....that's good times. That's a 4k little ball.....I hope he slips and falls on it rolling around in his garage and breaks his damn back....sorry bastard :hammer:

dboat
11-08-2005, 10:31 AM
Hate to say it but

Thats gotta suck..

Dana

wesman
11-10-2005, 01:37 AM
So, how goes the overhaul of the slush box? Any cool pics or anything to share?

--wes

L8 APEX
11-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Nope, you were just missing your ball. I put it back in Tuesday and I spent Wednesday installing the suspension parts and new pulleys and belt. Today will ba alignment, oil gauge stuff, and some tuning.

wesman
11-10-2005, 03:12 PM
So when can I pick it up ? Need to get it over to Discount for tires.

--wes

L8 APEX
11-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Hit a few snags today will bust arse tomorrow and see where it leads. It feels like a raped ape with the new pulley and tune. We'll hope for a good day tomorrow:tu: . Oh yeah thanks for dinner and drinkage:beer: .

wesman
11-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Hit a few snags today will bust arse tomorrow and see where it leads. It feels like a raped ape with the new pulley and tune. We'll hope for a good day tomorrow:tu: . Oh yeah thanks for dinner and drinkage:beer: .

No worries, we'll see how tomorrow goes.
You're more than welcome for the Roadhouse festivities :beer:

--wes