PDA

View Full Version : Police activity today 11/9

microsuck
11-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Today while I was out getting lunch, I was monitoring my scanners and I heard the De Soto PD saying they were in persuit of a black f-150 driven by a white male with a shotgun. It sounded interesting, so i locked onto it. It kind of brought back some memories. They chased it for a good 20 mins and I started to wonder why they hadent caught it yet. The ended up loosing it, and then found it 5 mins later unattended, but locked, and still running. They said "its one of those harley trucks" and read off the plate #. I was thinking "ahh, that makes sense". When i went back to work, they still hadent found him. I figure it was prob stolen. Hope it wasnt anyone here (I think we have a few harley guys). License plate had a "V" in it.
Andrew

PoorSvtman
11-10-2005, 03:49 PM
haha i figured when i opened this thread it would have something to do with you. Atleast it they arent after you this time.

L8 APEX
11-10-2005, 11:43 PM
I saw it on the news tonight. It was a 100mph+ chase from Ft Worth to Irving SW Dallas. They shot that fool up after he barracaded:tu: .

my2002lightning
11-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Andrew,

What scanner you run? I'm interested in putting one in the L.

Ronald

jeff56
11-11-2005, 01:27 AM
I saw it on the news tonight. It was a 100mph+ chase from Ft Worth to Irving SW Dallas. They shot that fool up after he barracaded:tu: .

Good...I don't have to worry about an alibi! :D

microsuck
11-11-2005, 08:57 AM
Andrew,

What scanner you run? I'm interested in putting one in the L.

Ronald

I have two in my truck right now. One is a Uniden BCT-10. Its old skool and dosent even trunk track. I ONLY use it for its "Smokey Locator" feature. It alerts you when you are with 3 miles of a state trooper. It's complicated how it works, but I can explain later. Don't bother trying to get this one. It's not very useful, hard to find (discont in 1995) and the ones you do find are overpriced. I paid $40 for it at a pawn shop in 97. Now they go for over $100 on ebay.

Now, on to my good scanner, the one I HIGHLY recommend. My RadioShack Pro-97. Its an amazing handheld scanner. Normally its $219, but they are onsale for the holidays for $149. Its triple trunking. Gets all the local police, military, marine, CB, govt, you name it. Pretty much anything that goes over the airwaves, it will pick up. It also has signal stalker, which is nice cause it only stops on frequencies close by. That way if you just want to know if there is action nearby, you dont get cluttered with trash. I can reach out to Ft. Worth PD from my house in Richardson. Sorry for the long post. Btw, does anyone have a link to the news story of this event? I'm curious to see the whole story.
Andrew

microsuck
11-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Nevermind. Its a top story on www.wfaa.com (http://www.wfaa.com) They didnt show the truck in the video though. On the scanner I heard them saying something like he got into another car or something. That was prob the one outside the house. Im glad the owner got his truck back! Lucky they didnt wreck it.