PDA

View Full Version : Thread tools

SILVER2000SVT
11-14-2005, 09:44 AM
I miss the option under the thread tools (when you have an open thread) to just turn off the email notification without totally unsubscribing to the tread. The option is there when you make a reply but not under the header drop down.

Silver_2000
11-20-2005, 02:18 AM
Email and subscribe are really different - subscribed threads show up on website - but updates arent neccessarily emailed to you..

If I knew more details of what it was like before I could try to replicate it

Can you find a site that still has that option ?

SILVER2000SVT
11-21-2005, 11:43 AM
I only used this every once in a while. Sometimes when a thread starts getting really busy I want to turn off the email notification but still stay subscribed that way I'm not getting a ton of emails. If you make a reply you have the option of just turning off the email notification, but sometimes I want to turn it off with out making a reply. Under the "thread tools" button on the top of an open thread there's: "show printable version", "Email this page", "unsubscribe", and "add a poll". There used to be a "turn off email notification" to where I could still stay subscribed.

Silver_2000
11-21-2005, 12:35 PM
I think you can turn off the email notifications if you edit a previous reply as well...