PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good tranny shop or advice

mustgofaster
11-14-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm in North Dallas, looking for a good tranny shop that won't rip me off. (had bad experiences in the past) I've got a 93' L & it intermittantly squeaks or squeals when shifting gears. Usually does it if I was medium to heavy in the gas then let off a little before the shift. Any ideas? Or anyone know of a trustworthy tranny shop?

History on the trans: rebuilt 35K ago. All electronics were replaced, upgraded with Diesel frictions & steels, 6 pinion planetary, bearing to replace the bushing on mainshaft, trans-go shift improver kit.

Thanks,
Steve

99WhiteBeast
11-14-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm in North Dallas, looking for a good tranny shop that won't rip me off. (had bad experiences in the past) I've got a 93' L & it intermittantly squeaks or squeals when shifting gears. Usually does it if I was medium to heavy in the gas then let off a little before the shift. Any ideas? Or anyone know of a trustworthy tranny shop?

History on the trans: rebuilt 35K ago. All electronics were replaced, upgraded with Diesel frictions & steels, 6 pinion planetary, bearing to replace the bushing on mainshaft, trans-go shift improver kit.

Thanks,
Steve

I would go with Terry at Performance Research. They have rebuilt many of the 4R100's and I think a few E4OD's

tliss
11-14-2005, 03:03 PM
I second Terry for his tranny work. Lots of guys around here have had their trannys rebuilt by him and I've heard nothing but praise. I've got a PR built tranny in my truck and love it!

Tom

03LightningRocks
11-14-2005, 04:03 PM
I would go with Terry at Performance Research. They have rebuilt many of the 4R100's and I think a few E4OD's

Another vote for Terry........:tu: :tu: :tu: .

dboat
11-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Another vote for Terry........:tu: :tu: :tu: .

+1

wesman
11-14-2005, 11:31 PM
Terry @PR

I just had my tranny rebuilt by him after the infamous Monster Box failed after 1500miles.

-wes

mustgofaster
11-14-2005, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the input everyone! Looks like I'll be giving Terry a call. Hope it isn't to bad. $$$ Timing of course is never good, but just bought a plane ticket to see my family for X-Mas, and bought the parental units some nice new toys, so the budget is shot. Oh well... never liked how it shifted after the last rebuild anyway. Thank god for Visa!:tu:

mardyn
11-15-2005, 11:18 PM
Not close but...

I've got one of my cars over at TD's Automotive in Granbury right now... I've know the owner (Tony Denton aka "TD") for some time now... he's not the cheapest in town, but he's very fair and he's honest.

He's a long time transmission tech and he could probably help you out. btw... it's a long way over there, but I took my car from Canton TX to Granbury to have them do the work.... they're worth the extra effort and time.

Their number is 817-279-9494.. talk to Tony or Pam....

mardyn

99WhiteBeast
11-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Not close but...

I've got one of my cars over at TD's Automotive in Granbury right now... I've know the owner (Tony Denton aka "TD") for some time now... he's not the cheapest in town, but he's very fair and he's honest.

He's a long time transmission tech and he could probably help you out. btw... it's a long way over there, but I took my car from Canton TX to Granbury to have them do the work.... they're worth the extra effort and time.

Their number is 817-279-9494.. talk to Tony or Pam....

mardyn

2nd that- good people:tu: - somewhat related to a member here