PDA

View Full Version : Taking a few days off to help an old friend in Gulfport

Silver_2000
11-17-2005, 12:43 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=6097

I am helping a friend rebuild his house - he llives about 4 blocks from the beach in Long Beach MS. The houses a block away ae GONE

Check out the pictures

Doug

SILVER2000SVT
11-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Looks like a project!

I have several close friends that live on the MS and AL coast. All of them were extremely lucky in that they still had their homes when it was over. One of my friends had a double wide less than a half mile from the beach near gulfport, MS. They left town before Katrina hit and when they finally made it back the only damage was a big tree taking a chunk out of the roof and the neighbors had broke in and taken his guns and food but left the tv and everything else...

L8 APEX
11-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Glad you have the recources to take the time off and help a friend. Watch your backs while out of town and cap some looters for us that can't be there:tu:

Silver_2000
11-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Glad you have the recources to take the time off and help a friend. Watch your backs while out of town and cap some looters for us that can't be there:tu:

I brought the 12 guage but left the beretta behind - As it turns out no need - The looters are restricted by the razor wire and the national guard ...:eek2:

When the disaster happened I wanted to do something to help
This is my way of helping -
My company gives me a "volunteer day" and I get 4+ weeks a year of vacation
Its well worth it - an expereince Ill never forget and it does good things for my karma ..
Doug

my2002lightning
11-17-2005, 09:04 PM
Take plenty of pics and be sure and keep your firearms close. Yes, always "check your 6" especially since you're probably running down there in the L. You never know when you'll run across some "opportunists". :mad:

Oh, can I be Admin. until you get back? :D

Ronald